Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul

I signed up again for Spark People - lasted about a week.
I went to Curves - haven't quite made it through the trial week.

But, I'm a reader so I got a book -- Chicken Soup for the Soul--
Shaping the New You -- I love the stories. They make me
laugh and cry, and I've already seen myself in many of them.

I guess the key is to start with what you enjoy, and for me
that is reading. If you enjoy it, you'll stick with it. I'm sure
it will provide more direction for me along the way.

Good luck everyone - hope you are sticking with it.

Becky

p.s. loved your valentine's day savenger hunt, elizabeth!

2 comments:

  1. Another great book I've just discovered, that you all may like, is called, "Run Your Butt Off!" by Sarah Lorge Butler and a couple of other editors from Runner's World magazine.
    It's educational and motivational. It reminded me all about the basics of nutrition and finding your Basal Metabolic Rate and figuring out how many calories you should be consuming/burning. It also encourages you to slowly add running to your walks and stresses to run very slowly.
    It has profiles of people who have finished the 12 week program.
    Anyway, I think it's an awesome book. It motivated me to get out there and start exercising again and checking my calories.
    I found it at our library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book hints. I started my "training" for the St. Patrick's Day 5K - then work got insane (but I was still running/walking 3 days a week) - then I got sick... You know the drill - just excuses. I'm still going to do the 5K; just not as fast or how I wanted. I might be walking some.

    I think I'll go check out those books... Steve bought be a Kindle Fire for Valentines day so I have no excuse.

    ReplyDelete