Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 2 down... (UPDATE)

Wow - another week has gone by. Last week I challenged myself to drink more water and exercise 45 minutes a day.

Updates in blue.

I LOVE myfitnesspal.com
It is awesome and helps me track everything I eat. I have the program on my phone, Kindle, and use it online. The phone app has a bar code scanner - just scan the bar code and it will enter all the nutritional info. The database has lots of restaurant meals. When we go out to eat - I look at the menu, put in what I *think* I want and decide if its ok or worth the extra workouts...

Results
Sunday - 11,390 steps, 60 min exercise
Monday - 11,772 Steps, 65 min exercise
Tuesday - 14,832 Steps, 95 min exercise
Wednesday - 13,202 steps, 80 min exercise
Thursday - 16,340 steps, 155 min exercise
Friday - 11,152 steps, 55 min exercise
Saturday -15,662 steps, 85 min exercise (walked on the treadmill during the 1st part of the duck game - until it got too hard to txt Daniel and walk)

Major Achievements
Drank at least 9 glasses of water everyday
No soda this week
No headaches - not tired - feeling great

Weight Loss
I usually weigh myself Monday AM at the Fitness Center at work. I'll post an update tomorrow after I get into the office. I started with that scale, so I want to be consistent.

Down a total of 7 pounds in two weeks. I'm hoping I can keep loosing 2 pounds a week. Things have been going so well, I'm expecting a plateau at some point soon - that just means working out harder/longer.

Next week:
Continue drinking more water
Exercise 45 min a day
Do all 3 circuits of my Kettle Bell workout at least two days


3 comments:

  1. I love this program. I have lost 4 pounds so far but my first 10 days were filled with drinking and eating everything bad in the house so I won't be tempted any more. I am exercising 10 - 15 minutes a day but after about 5 minutes my knee starts hurting and by 15 minutes I am done. This week has been soda free and no junk food. I love keeping everything on my iPad so I can enter food and drink as soon as I am finished. That is going to keep me going and honest. I know as I lose more weight the exercise will get easier and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mom! Just remember step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using My Fitness Pal this week. I'm tracking my food again & seeing results. I'm going to work on exercising more consistently. I also need to cut out soda. Why is that one so hard? :)
    I'm so proud of you both. It helps to know we're all working on this together.

    ReplyDelete