Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I did it...

Well I did it. I signed up for a St. Patrick's day 5k. I'll be jogging it with a friend from work.  We'll be far behind another friend - but we'll be there.  Mandy and I completed our Week 1 Workout 1 today. We have 3 workouts / training sessions each week for 9 weeks. We can do this!

My only goal is to complete the full training sessions and to complete the 5k without walking (a slow jog is acceptable - maybe even a crawl... but no walking.) I'll use this 5k as a baseline for the Arbor day 5k in April and the "Longest Day" 5k in June. I'm actually pretty excited.

So Laurie, if you read this, I need a recommendation for a good running shoe. I don't need anything too fancy. I have a pair of everyday tennis shoes that I use for running. Maybe new shoes will help with the motivation.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! I'm so excited for you. :) Here's a link to my favorite place online to get running gear:

    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/

    They usually have some pretty decent deals on shoes and clothing.

    ReplyDelete