Monday, January 2, 2012

My Compass for Weight Loss 2012

Okay, so here is my corny idea for 2012. I'm using a compass - N-S-E-W, for my weight loss tracking.

N is for nutrition. Each day I'll track what I've eaten. My goals are to cut back on fast food, and later (when I've got things in line a little better) I'll start tracking calories.
S is for SUGAR. My biggest weight loss problem area. Each day I'll track whether or not I've eaten any sweets (candy, cookies, cake, ice cream). This will probably be the hardest area for me to work on.
E, of course, is for exercise. I don't intend to work out every day, but my goal is to exercise five days a week. After I lose 25 pounds, I'm going to look into a personal trainer (maybe once a month, haven't really thought this part out completely-it's a little ways off), so I can add different types of exercise in addition to my walking.
W is for water. My best weight loss results have come when I'm drinking more water, so I'm going to track my water consumption every day.

A little corny, but it's something different and maybe that's just what I need. And, it will be easy to track N-S-E-W.

Good luck in 2012, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Great idea and way to track your goals daily. I think I'll use this idea too - easy to write on the calendar so I can see how I've done.

    ReplyDelete