Sunday, January 1, 2012

STYLES: THINK OF YOURSELVE IN 2012!

1st: Yes, I know Yourselve isn't a real word - but it rhymes with twelve...

I agree with Becky - we need this blog again. Maybe we each take turns posting status updates, tips, help, etc.

Here's mine...
It's January 1st - again, and we all know that means time to set new goals and dream of a great year to come. Then typically on the 2nd of January - we get bummed out because we broke our resolutions or didn't get the start we wanted on our goals. I for one am going to skip all that mess with the 2nd or 3rd of January. I plan to start mid next week. Not on the 1st of the month and not on a Monday. So... 1-10-12 is the magic day for me. This gives me time to get the kids back in school, get my exercise "plan" worked out, work on menu's, go to the grocery store, Rose Bowl party is over, etc. I need time to think of every excuse about why I "can't" and then work out a plan so that I "CAN".

According to one website, the 5 most common resolutions made for New Year Day are:
  1. Lose weight and/or get fit 
  2. Quit smoking and/or drink less 
  3. Save more money and/or get out of debt 
  4. Spend more time with family and friends 
  5. Get more organized. 
Those seem pretty typical and I've probably had everyone of them at some point - well except number 2.

My goals for 2012 -
1.  I really really want to lose 30'ish pounds.
2.  I want to be in better shape for the Warrior Dash in August. (Now that I read that... Goals #1 and #3 are realistic and measurable. Goal 2 is not really measurable. What does "better shape" mean?
New Goal #2 - Complete the Warrior Dash (5K) in 40 minutes or less.
3.  I want to apply for at least one new job. (This means updating my resume and getting off the fence...)

What are your goals? When is a realistic date to start? Ya know, the date that you have time to prepare for and get everything ready for with no excuses?

No comments:

Post a Comment