Thursday, April 2, 2009

LET'S TAKE A LOOK BACK TO JANUARY

AND THE REASONS WE ARE ALL DOING THIS WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE. As I said in this morning's blog, part of rededicating ourselves to this program is to look at some of the reasons we want to lose the weight and how we might do it. Here are some of our reasons and thoughts. Enjoy reading them and think about what you wanted to do just 3 months ago. Has anything changed?
Mission Statement
The purpose of this blog is to motivate, encourage, support each other as we make 2009 a healthier year for the women in our family. Seven sisters (and a few of their daughters) on a weight loss quest for the year 2009. Weight loss goals range from less than 10 pounds to over 100 pounds. We know this won't be easy, especially for those with lots of weight to lose, but we know it will be worth it. Another reason for the blog is simply that if we have to answer to each other about our progress it just might keep us on track and a little more honest. Of course the biggest benefit of the blog will be to keep in touch with each other.

Eileen's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
I am joining this group because I know it is the only way I will stick with a weight loss plan. Trying to do it on my own doesn't work - I am my own worst enemy. I am going to be 57 in a few days, unless I can just forget the date and let it slide by. I am not including my exact weight here because I really am ashamed of myself for getting here. I have no children at home, I have no husband here to use as an excuse. I don't have any rewards to look forward to when I get to my goal weight. Losing the weight will be reward enough I guess. I'll revisit the issue if and when the pounds are gone and the economy is better.

Chelsea's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
I'm almost 18, and just about done with high school. I know I look amazingly cute. No one in our family is exactly "slender", and that's not healthy. So I'm super excited to do this-mainly because my mommy PROMISED we'd go to EUROPE once I graduate and down to my specific weight. So I'm really really working on losing this nasty fat because let's face it - I want to go to Europe...and look EXCEPTIONALLY good! Under all this blubber I have a good figure and I can't wait to see it and feel more amazing about myself then I already do. I'm not cocky - just confident. So I'll be excited to drop the pounds.

Elizabeth's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
I want to lose 20 pounds. In a perfect world I would lose 30 pounds, but I'd be happy to lose 20 and keep it off. My main goals for this year isn't to lose a set number of pounds as much as it is to get FIT! I want to get rid of my baby tummy, buns, thighs, etc. and I want to wear my favorite jeans again.I didn't really have a prize for the end, but I think I just decided. When I reach my goal I'm buying a new diamond ring! I've been thinking about redesigning my wedding ring and last night I think I found the type I want, so that is my prize.


Renee's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
My goal weight is 140. Chelsea-my youngest will be graduating. I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday and I'm certain menopause is on its way. They tell you when you enter puberty you're becoming a woman, but what they don't tell you is what you become when you enter menopause. More than humorous, I find that statement profound.The years ahead are going to be so different than the past 49. I can transform myself into the vibrant, vivacious woman I've always believed existed but never had a chance to find. So, basically, my reason for losing weight has absolutely nothing to do with kids, grandkids, some man, the dog or anyone else. It's all for ME. But more than anything-when I look in the mirror I want to think to myself and say our loud, "Damn girl, you look

Sarah's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
My goal is 140 pounds (as my doctor recommends). I too have already sort of outlined my rewards, one for each 5 pound increment up to 25 pounds...I'll have to start thinking bigger rewards after that.
My trouble is that I have always lost weight so slowly. BUT that's not an acceptable excuse not to make some changes.
So here's to all of us in 2009.

Joleane's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
My goals are to lose 50ish pounds. I'm cool with 45-55 pounds. I also want to run a 5K, 10K, and half marathon this year. (There is a 5K in Eugene on Valentine's Day that I'm planning on running, then a 10K in May and half marathon in August or so).
My plan of action, so to speak, is basically to run my butt off, and stomach and hips and thighs...I also need to keep track of calories. I've tried each method individually and only get good results when I both exercise and watch what I eat. I'm going to train for the runs and I have a weight loss program for my PDA that will help me keep track of calories. I also need to do some weight bearing exercises for my upper body.
Here's to 2009!

Becky's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
I'm trying to lose 35 pounds--would like to lose more, but I'm trying to be realistic.
I'm not sure how I'm going to go about losing the weight but I have already picked out the rewards I'm going to give myself along the way.

Liisa's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
The question is, can I lose the weight I need in order to live a healthier life? The answer is YES, I am 100% sure I can lose weight. No problem, no big deal, no worries. The thing is, once I lose it, CAN I KEEP IT OFF??? That my dear sisters is the question of the day. The one thing that is usually missing when I diet is EXERCISE. That I think will be the key to this whole adventure for me.So, here is my idea on how to do this, Eat, Breathe, Move; the key to a long healthy life. I will however have to eat more fruits and vegetables, exercise a minimum 4 times a week and continue to breathe when doing so. That is if I can...The recommended weight for my height and frame is 121-135 pounds. My goal weight is 135.
Yvonne's reasons for joining the weight loss challenge:
Because of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and GERD, I am now taking 12 pills every day. Think of the money we are spending on pills.
With the help of family, friends, and the nutritionist I am now on a 1500 calorie a day diet with 5 small meals instead of 3 BIG meals and I do drink 10 cups of water every day. My goal weight is about 140 pounds How am I going to lose ALL THIS WEIGHT; I know it won't be easy but I also know I will do it.
I have 10 good reasons to do so, my grandchildren. The most important reason I have to diet is simply that I don't want to die. So here is to a much skinner all of us in 2009!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. For me I am still in this for all the right reasons; to be healthier and live longer. I think March was the month for me (turning 45 probably had something to do with it). Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete