Friday, April 3, 2009
THIS IS HARD
How many of you find yourself saying the same thing. I went into this thinking I'll lose 10 pounds a month for a couple of months and then drop off to 5 to 7 pounds a month, and then down to 3 a month to finish things off -- Ha, Ha. Here I am three months into it and I've only lost 7 pounds. But I will continue. I keep reading Yvonne's daily tips, and go back over what we've been learning and will stick with it, (that in itself is better than the past). It really helps to have this blog and to have to weigh in weekly and post a result, and not pay weight watchers to do it. My rewards have been messed up, too, and I'll have to change those. I wanted to get a good short haircut after I lost 20 pounds. I have already cut my hair three times this year (but it's not real short yet). However, another reward was supposed to be new glasses and/or contacts after 30 pounds. But last week I broke my glasses completely (and found out I really can't wear contacts without wearing reading glasses) so I have new glasses ordered already. I'll probably need that haircut to go with the glasses. I'm terrible about picking out glass frames (I can't SEE what they look like!) That's it for my update. Good luck to all in the new month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boy, Becky hit the nail on the head, didn't she. I too thought I would lose 25 pounds in December and then 10 a month from then on. I too was shocked, amazed and very disappointed when I lost the 10 pounds in January but then only lost 2 1/2 in February and 3 pounds in March. I know there are suppose to be plateaus but they shouldn't last over two months should they? But also like Becky I keep going because I know the risks if I don't, and even a 1 pound loss a month, while sad is better than a 1 pound gain. I agree too that this blog keeps me going and I am grateful for all your help, suggestions, support, and especially your comments.
ReplyDeleteI've decided my goals should be much more attainable than wanting to drop 40 lbs. So my first goal was to drop 5% of by body weight or 9 lbs. I hit that. My next goal is 10% of my body weight or 18 lbs. I am getting there. After that my goal will be 25 lbs. Once I reach that, I'll make the next move.
ReplyDelete