Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

HELP OTHERS!! Sharing your time or talents with the less fortunate can help you appreciate how much you truly have and feel better about your circumstances.
I don't think you need to go work in a soup kitchen to serve others. I don't mean to say that working and serving others in a soup kitchen is wrong, I simply mean that serving others can take place in your own neighborhood, church, or even family. I was having some emotional problems a few weeks back and just could not seem to get myself together. I cried all the time. I can't really explain what was going on because I am still not sure myself. I was kind of in a dark fog and just felt lost if that makes sense. What I finally did was asked Calvin and our home teacher to give me a priesthood blessing. They did. During the blessing I was counseled to spend time in the service of others. I have never received that kind of council before and it has stayed with me. I have tried to find someway to give service everyday. I don't always succeed and sometimes it is just a phone call to one of the elderly sisters in the ward or maybe sending a thank you card to someone who has taught a good lesson or given a talk. I am trying to do something everyday for someone else. I have found that the more I do for others the better I feel. The happier I feel. I am grateful for that blessing and for the council.
START TODAY AND SERVE OTHERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment