CREATE A MANTRA. Does a particular word, phrase or quote make you feel better? Make it your mantra. Write it, think it, and repeat it any time you need a little perspective or a pick me up.
I have heard this before and I have thought a lot about a mantra for me. I think mine would have to be, "If it is to be, it's up to me." I have all the support and love and encouragement I could want from Calvin, family, and friends, but the truth is I spend 98% of my time alone. It is up to me if I exercise, go for a walk, eat sweets, or just eat too much. No one is around to babysit or monitor me, therefore if I want to lose weight I have to do it. No one can make me, so I repeat my phrase several times a day and it seems to work. Of course thinking about all the family and friends who love and support me sure helps too. So a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!
I couldnt agree more. No one can make a weight loss difference in your life but YOU. We each have to want it and go for it to make it happen. Of course support and encouragement help but ultimately it is our own choice.
ReplyDelete