Sunday, May 16, 2010

TIP OF THE DAY - MONDAY

DO NOT SET UNREALISTIC GOALS
To tell yourself that you will lose 9 pounds the first week, you are doomed for failure. If you know that you will not succeed you may even not start a diet. If you diet and lose 2.5 pounds a week, rather than being happy and celebrate it, you will feel unsatisfied that you did not reach your target. The realistic goal is important for the success of a weight loss diet. If you are not sure what should be your goal, talk with a specialist to help you set your goals. Remember that fast weight loss diets are too good to be true, so you need to be patient and set realistic goals.
My doctor told me to be happy with just a 1 pound loss. The more weight you lose, it seems the harder it is to lose. To help you not get discouraged about how much you are loosing, remember:

DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE DAILY
The daily weighing is a recipe that causes confusion and gives you no useful information. More important is the tendency to look in the long run and be weighed every week. If your goal is to lose half a kilo a week, you will be satisfied to see that you lost them when you get on the scale. The result gives you a greater reward than to see the variations in scale and get confused when you weight daily.
This is IMPOSSIBLE for me to do. No matter how many times I tell myself or others on this blog I still step on that scale first things every morning. It just seems to make me stick with it if I am down and work harder that day if I am up even 1/2 pound. I think you just have to do what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment