Saturday, May 29, 2010

TIP OF THE DAY - SUNDAY

CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE, CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE, CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE. If you’re calling this a “diet,” then you’re going to gain all the weight back (and more) within a few months of losing it. Diets do not work. Diets are temporary. When you change your dietary lifestyle, however, you’re changing your habits – and you’re putting yourself on track for long-term / continued success and weight maintenance. Don’t ever tell anybody you’re on a diet – ever. I’m speaking from experience, here – a reformed low-carber. Worked out well for a while, but ultimately failed because my entire lifestyle didn’t change (permanently).
Okay this is the hardest thing I have done to date. I have now been on about 4 different diets this year and they have all worked. I lost weight just like they promised but within a week I had put the weight right back on. Starting Tuesday and I know I should start today but it is a holiday and we have a 3 day weekend so I am being honest. Starting Tuesday I am going to go back to Sparkpeople and write down everything that goes into my mouth before I eat each meal. Snacks included.
I guess what I am saying is find a HEALTHY diet that works for you and stick to it.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big offender of quick fix diets, fad diets, 7 days, 3 days, etc. etc. I agree it's all about changing habits.

    I am with you, I need to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete