Well, my perfect evening with my daughter didn't go as planned. MaKenna got sick about 7:30 and was up every half hour - 45 minutes throwing up. We are both exhausted (more her I'm sure) and tired. It's a bummer, but on the bright side, we do not have to go running around and doing errands today. I will be able to catch up on all the laundry and house cleaning I have been putting off.
Which leads us to our de-stressing tip - don't procrastinate. It might feel good at the moment, but will lead to additional stress later on. I know this from lots of practice. I am bad at putting off things that I just don't want to do.
1. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Break larger projects into manageable "bites" and create a timeline for yourself to accomplish these smaller tasks.
2. Remember that each project expands to the time allotted to it, so set a limit for yourself: "I am going to return all my phone calls in one hour." "I will file papers for 30 minutes." "I will spend 15 minutes picking up around the house." Set a timer. You will be amazed how much you can get done when you focus your time.
3. Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day. Tackle that "toad" -- the task you have been putting off, the one that's hanging over your head -- because it will lift an immense load and you will feel much more productive.
4. Make a weekly appointment with yourself to plan your coming week. During your planning session, schedule important activities and tasks so you have a concrete plan for following through with your intentions.
5. Take 15 minutes at the end of each day to put things away and look at the calendar for the next day. Gather what you need ahead of time so you will be prepared for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment