START A NEW HOBBY! Many people eat when they're bored. Whether you take up knitting, table tennis, or scrapbooking, finding something to do with your hands and your mind can help you quell the urge to graze or binge. I LOVE THIS TIP... I am a grazer, I eat snacks all day and evening. With me I have to have a project I am working on to keep me out of the kitchen. For the first 6 months of 2009 it was making things and preparing for our campout and I did fine staying out of the kitchen. When the campout was over, I found myself grazing again. I have a couple of granddaughters, (and Jillian) who are into babies, (cabbage patch dolls), so I have been gathering supplies, patterns and ideas to make their babies each half a dozen outfits for Christmas. This should keep me busy and out of trouble till the first of the year. PERFECT!!
I love this tip because it refocuses my attention to something new and something fun. Today is Friday so think about it today, decide what you want to do, and make a plan and tomorrow get going on it.
You know, it doesn't have to be a craft hobby. Maybe you decide you are going to have a garage sale the end of August. Spend the next few weekends cleaning closets, drawers and garage for things for your sale. Don't forget to price them as you go. You will end up with some cash in your pocket and a clean house before winter. It's a win-win situation. Wow! This is a good idea and I think I will go suggest this very idea to Calvin.
No comments:
Post a Comment