Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

PERK UP YOUR PIZZA. Ask for light cheese, plenty of veggies, and lean protein. Blot the grease, don't eat the crust and stop after one or two slices. Better yet; Make your own pie at home with wheat crust (you can use premade crusts). They just took all the joy and fun out of pizza didn't they. Might as well eat the delivery box or be like me at least for a while and just skip pizza all together.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that John and I tried (and we actually stuck with it) was to make our own dough but use half to two-thirds whole wheat flour. That way it won't be as dense as complete whole wheat and it just tastes better. We thought it was pretty good at first, but since we didn't change anything but that (we still love our mozarella and pepperoni) it wasn't a huge leap and now we prefer it over white flour crust (except pizza parlor white-crust pizza--of course). Baby steps work so much better. If I feel deprived I'm likely to throw in the towel and just eat what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree the best part of the pizza is the crust so if I cant enjoy that I just skip pizza.

    ReplyDelete