Thursday, October 1, 2009
REVERSE YOUR NUMBERS
LAST NIGHT WHILE TALKING TO CALVIN I HAD A REVELATION. Well maybe not a revelation but something just dawned on me. Yes, I know I am slow on the uptake and this will prove it. If you are feeling frustrated or discouraged because you aren't losing all the weight you want and aren't losing it as fast as you want, simply turn the numbers around. For example if you want to lose 50 pounds but have only lost 15 pounds turn those numbers around, or a better explanation would be to subtract your numbers. No I don't mean instead of saying you want to lose 50 pounds and you only lost 15. Subtract 15 pounds. Now you want to lose 35 pounds. Now that is more doable. Let me explain some more. The doctor said I need to lose 100 pounds and I want to lose 130 pounds. I knew when I started I could never lose that 100 pounds it is just too much. But, NOW I can say because I have lost 75 pounds that the doctor wants me to lose 25 pounds and I want to lose 55 pounds. Even though that 55 pounds it a lot of weight it is a whole lot better than needing or wanting to lose 130 pounds. It is doable. Since I have already lost 75 pounds then the 55 pounds should be even easier. I know it won't be easier of course but a smaller number seems to make all the difference in the world to my mind. I know now, I can do this and I KNOW YOU CAN LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO TOO. KEEP WORKING AND NEVER GIVE UP. What is that famous quote? "We don't fail until we give up".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment