FACTS ABOUT FRUIT...
Fruit Juice – Yes or No?
Many people believe that fruit juice is healthy and it helps in losing weight. However, here are some facts. Juice has actually lots of sugar in it – specially juices that come in packaged form. Its better to make your own fruit juice and have it than have the packaged ones – but try keeping the sugar level low – More Sugar = More Calories. However, instead of having juice – why not have fruit itself? It provides more nutrients to your body, and is healthier too!
Prcessed Fruit? Or Fresh?
Consume fresh fruit rather than processed fruit. Its a fact - Anything that's processed has more sugar. Processed and canned fruits also don't bear as much fiber as fresh fruits. So if you get an option of choosing between the two - you know which one to choose.
Fruits and Water.
Feed yourself with fresh fruit and vegetables that bear high water content. Foods that come under these category - tomatoes, watermelons, cantaloupe, kiwi, grapes - you get the drift. Each of those fresh and flavoursome juicy fruits and veggies are healthy. These items constitute about 90 to 95% water, so you'll be able to eat plenty of these without feeling heavy and without worrying about gaining weight!
I drink a lot of apple juice. Now I am thinking we need to invest in a juicer. I think I will check out Cabelas. With the summer coming up it will be the time for fruit smoothies and if they call for juice why not have fresh fruit.
I made an orange smoothie the other day for breakfast - however, I tried carrying an open glass in the car. Needless to say, the car is still sticky! Drink them at home, or have a good covered container.
ReplyDeleteI try to let a couple of bananas go quite brown and overripe and then I peel them and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. (Always peel first, they're hard to peel when frozen--mushy and falling apart.) Then I put them with any other fruit and milk and have a very healthy, very yummy snack/dessert. Because overripe bananas are so sweet, they make it possible to not use any sugar or honey and sweeten the whole shake themselves. My kids beg for "blueberry shakes" with frozen blueberries, the bananas, and milk. :)
ReplyDelete