Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT?

YOU UNDERSTAND...TRY TO BE GOOD AND DO SOMETHING POSITIVE AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE A BIG NEGATIVE? That seems to be me. I called the doctor today to ask him about going down to 1000 calories a day since I have been doing in for several days anyway and to ask if for some over the counter pills that would help with this weight loss. He told me NO NO NO. He says I am doing great and I just need to be patient, yeah right. You would think that after 15 years he would know me better than that. He explained that because I was now exercising 5-6 days a week and between 45-60 minutes a day that the 1200 calories might not be enough and I probably need to eat a little more. Who knew. So don't give up the calories if you aren't losing and definitely don't ease up on the exercise remember to keep it balanced. He told me that with this exercise I am doing and with the added calories I might even see a increase next time I weigh in. That is not a nice thing to say to a crazy, old, fat, lady. Good thing this was a phone call and not a visit.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that weird!? I was watching The Biggest Loser this season and Bob the trainer said the same thing to one of the contestants--that he wasn't eating enough and that's why he wasn't losing weight. At least this is something that will be pleasurable to incorporate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no matter what the scale says, you're getting healthier. Just don't let up on the exercising. You are doing amazing, Mom. Just keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo the comments mentioned about The Biggesst Loser. I was surprised that eating more can help you with weight loss. If that is the case....I should be really skinny!! lol

    ReplyDelete