LET'S SHARE: Everyone did so good for the first month (3 weeks) that I think we need to let others know just how we did it. I am right on track with about 2 pounds per week but I would love to know how Renee lost 11 pounds. That is very impressive. I will start and let you know what is working for me and then ask you all to do the same, it's show and tell time, without the showing; My diet aids are these:
1) faith in God, I pray daily several time for help in this big challenge
2) great support from family and friends (I couldn't do it without the encouragement
3) food control that is done with that website sparkpeople. I know exactly the number of calories I have eaten and have left for the day. I have not over ate since I started.
4) daily exercise with that walk away the pounds DVD...A BIG THANK YOU TO EILEEN for sharing this program with me. I love it and have exercised 7 out of the last 8 days.
5) small goals, not more than 10 weeks apart that I can just worry about losing 20 pounds in the next 2 1/2 months and not think about needing to lose 100 pounds. With each goal met I get a reward of my choosing too. I have to lose just 2 pounds by Valentine's Day and I get some new red steppin` shoes and matching bag.
6) Dr. Phil's book "Ultimate Weight Loss Solution" very motivating. I have read it now several times and it seem to keep me on track as well
7) I have written in a journal daily now for 2 months and I love writing my silly thoughts, discouragements, and excitement down. It is calming, believe it or not.
8) WATER I can't believe how much water I drink during the day and how many times I get up during the night to use the bathroom. 10 glasses each day and it is helping.
9) July's Camp out is always in the back of my mind and I know I am going to see all my sisters and I don't want to look the same as I did the last time we got together. I want to be healthy enough to stay up late peeing and playing games, or poker or something, or just talking and giggling without being old and tired and needing to be the first one to go to bed at 7PM.
10) THIS BLOG. I don't know if this blog is doing any good for anyone but me but finding a tip everyday and writing it out just reinforces my determination to keep going.
I'd love to share, but don't really have any great ideas that haven't been mentioned. I need help with cutting out the sugar. If I told you what I ate last weekend I'm sure I could hear all of you (Rebecca Lynne!) Any ideas for helping a sugar addict?
ReplyDeleteI just googled "cut sugar from diet" There were a bunch of good articles with tips and ways to cut sugar. One I'm sure I knew - but didn't really pay attention to is all the sugar that is in fruit juices. I love grape cranberry juice - but it has more sugar then some sodas!
ReplyDelete