Saturday, June 6, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - SATURDAY

FOLLOW A RECIPE...Cooking more meals at home keeps you on your feet and burns more calories than picking up the phone to order takeout. Plus, homemade food is usually healthier. This is good advice for me, but I just follow a basic recipe then I add what ever I am in the mood to add. I make whole wheat bread, 2 loaves every week but it never tastes the same. I add oatmeal, or broccoli, or peanuts or carrots or whatever and it is really good. It is also fun to see what it is going to taste like and what color it turns out. I think the purpose of the tip is NO TAKEOUT...Cook at home.

1 comment:

  1. We are down to take out only once a week now and for us that is great! Not only is it better to eat home cooked meals but it saves on the pocket book at well.

    I like your bread ideas. I think I'll try some home made bread!

    ReplyDelete