Thursday, August 20, 2009

WALKING WITH OTHERS

WALKING WITH GRANDCHILDREN IS A REAL EXPERIENCE...Emme and I had a sleepover last night and she brought shoes so we could still go for an early morning walk. I love that she wants to make sure I get my exercise in. She forgot a sweatshirt and even though I didn't think she needed it, she took a white towel with her. We got a short distance away and she decided it was too hot for the towel so we headed back to drop the towel off. You guessed it, before we got home she decided she should probably take it just in case it rains, with not a cloud in the sky. We then turned around again and headed out for the walk once more. We then started reading ALL the numbers on ALL the mailboxes along our way. We then had to stop because of a pesky booger in our nose, followed by picking up and tossing little green apples, and discussing the fact that if they were not ripe why were they falling off the tree. I DON'T KNOW! We did walk uphill 3 blocks and the sun was in our eyes so we needed to put the towel over our head to keep the sun out but that presented another problem in that we couldn't see where we were going. We were out and walked a little over 30 minutes like most mornings but for some reason we only covered half the ground. We loved it anyway. I did learn something through all this and that is that I must walk faster than I thought because it sure seemed slow this morning and there were a few times when I thought I was pulling Emme. I also have a new respect for all you mothers who walk regularly with small children. You will be blessed for your efforts and time I am sure. I am even more amazed when I think that Laurie walked with 3 small children, just 2 in the stroller for at least a mile and a half.
The neighbor lady wants to walk with me but I think unless it is a grandchild I will just walk alone, even with all the wierdos out there.

2 comments:

  1. I love it and can so relate. Jake and MaKenna could probably say the same thing. They have decided that they would much rather ride thier bikes so they don't have to wait on Kyler and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hilarious story. Sounds just like Logan. Very distracted! Never wanting for conversation though. :)

    ReplyDelete