"FEBRUARY MAY BE A MONTH FOR ROMANCE, but it's also a time for you to focus on loving yourself - and your heart. During National Heart Month, we'll help you focus on one small thing that you can do each day to lower your risk of heart disease and improve your quality of life. Share this valentine with your friends and loved ones to show them how much you care.
1st: Get a checkup. Your doctor doesn't just treat disease. She also offers screenings and preventive care. Knowing your health status and risk will help make life style changes in areas that need improvement.
2nd: Don't smoke. Smoking damages more than your lungs. It hardens the arteries, raises blood pressure, and causes an irregular heartbeat. Find a smoking cessation program in your area to kick the habit."
**This 28 days to a healthier heart comes from the SPARKPEOPLE Website. This is the site that tracks your food intake and exercise if you want it too and it is free. I know many of the tips won't apply to us but thinking about dieting and getting healthy should start with the heart so I thought we could follow these tips this month.
After a very bad weekend (foodwise) I decided my new motto was going to be Think About Your Heart Health. so I'm really looking forward to these tips.
ReplyDelete