LET'S TALK PLATEAUS...For such a normal sounding word, it is so ugly in my opinion. We are about to end, tomorrow our first month of this new diet program a few of us are on. I know that for me a plateau is just around the corner. I must admit also that I HATE plateaus. I get discouraged very easily and quickly. I think for the next week or two I will talk to myself about this very subject just to keep me on track. Feel free to read along and join in. Okay, let's get started:
HOW TO STAY POSITIVE DURING A WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS.
Have you hit a plateau? That time when your scale seems to be stuck at the same weight for days or sometimes weeks or a month? If you are there right now, don't panic!! It is only a temporary condition and you will be losing again if you just keep your cool, your courage and your will to reach your healthy weight! Now is not the time to give up. A couple of tricks that have worked for me in the past are,
1) I remind myself that, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY WILL FEEL."
2) I play my "SKINNY JEANS" CD loud and proud.
3) I go "SHOPPING". Yep, I just went last week and ordered myself a new brown denim skirt a couple of sweaters to go with it and some brown tights. Now here is the trick, I bought them in a smaller size. I don't think I have bought any clothes for a long time but the sale was really good, add to that a 25% off entire order and free shipping and it was a good time to buy. Now when I reach this next plateau I will be ready.
Just one more thing to remember, Plateaus do happen. We can't stop them. We don't know how long they will last. With help we can get through them no matter how ugly the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment