Monday, November 1, 2010

TIP OF THE DAY - TUESDAY

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR. Plateaus are common-many of us who are successful for a while find that their weight remains static for several days or some stay put for a week or two. Why this happens isn't clear but it seems to be the body's way of catching up with its sudden change in size.
Although it's disappointing when you don't lose weight steadily, this is a crucial time for you. It's at this point that many people give up, fail to reach their goal and pile weight back on. In contrast, most people who get through this difficult patch go on to reach their goal and then stay slim forever.
All our tips starting yesterday for a week or so come from a booklet that I got from my "health coach" from the Take Shape For Life diet. I will add my 2 cents worth of course.
This is ALWAYS my problem. I get discouraged very easily and then my thinking turns to, "If I am not losing then why bother. I am starving myself for nothing." Of course I am not starving and I need to look at other ways to see and measure my progress.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could get to a plateau. I can't even get that far.

    ReplyDelete