Sunday, March 1, 2009

FORYT-FIVE!!!

When I wake up tomorrow I’ll be 45!! Now, a few of my sisters may be saying “Oh to be 45 again!” While a couple of my nieces may be saying “45, that is so old!!” I’d have to agree with the nieces. The past couple weeks I’ve been having a pity party. “I’m getting old”… “I’m so old”… “I don’t want to be old”.
Now when you think about it there isn’t really that much difference between 44 and 45 but saying I’m 45 has been killing me. It hasn’t done much for the dieting and exercise either. Chocolate can really take the edge off the age thing…or so I thought.
But, just like the many changes I have been going through at work, I cant control the fact that I am going to wake up 45…I cant change the fact I am going to wake up 45 so I have to accept it and move on.
No weight loss this week which means I’ve wasted 2 months. I am down a total of 6 pounds and it should be 12. Is this where I wanted to be at age 45…NO WAY? Not age 35 for that matter. It is however what it is.
Tomorrow is a new day, a new year. I had better get my butt in gear or I’ll be writing the same thing on the Blog when I’m 50!!!
I am sending a Birthday gift to each of my sisters tomorrow. A copy of the Skinny Songs CD. Can’t wait for you to get it. Be sureto save the cover as each of you has a special individualized cover (courtesy of Dillon and Ian).

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm 55 and in the same spot, so just think you have a 10 year head start on me. I'm down 3 pounds for the two months!
    And, wait until you're to the point I'm at where age means nothing. I don't even think about my age (until I look in the mirror), I feel lots younger than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo hoo! You are turning 45. IT BEATS BEING ALMOST 60!!! You are still and will always be the "BABY" of the group.. Enjoy your birthday and don't sweat the small stuff and turning 45 is small stuff, trust me!!

    ReplyDelete