Thursday, March 5, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

DRINK WATER! It's the only beverage your body really needs and craves. Gradually replace soda, flavored coffees, sugary drinks and other high calorie liquids with water. Aim for 8 -12 cups each day.
* Be careful you can drink too much water and that isn't good either. I have always heard 8 - 10 cups of water and I drink 10, but I have never heard of 12. I guess that too is up to you. You really do find yourself enjoying water the more you drink, and you will be surprised how easy it is to replace the soda once you try. I am not sure yet if that is because it is winter yet or not. We will have to wait till summer to see if that holds up.

3 comments:

  1. I know you need to drink that water, but I've never gotten to the point where I enjoy it.
    How long do you think it takes to start seeing the benefits of drinking all that water (the better looking skin, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little anecdote: When I was pregnant with my kids, for a few months I couldn't drink any water because I would throw it up. With my youngest I would drink Propel (Gatorade "fitness water") because it would go down ok. Consequently, all I wanted was a cold glass of water. I craved that glass of water and was so happy when I could have it an now when I don't want it I just remember how good it is to be able to drink it and I remember how much I like it.

    For those of you who don't really like water, the only thing I can really suggest is taking all soda out of your diet. I find that when I don't drink soda it makes me appreciate water and generally like the taste. Good luck hydrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know for me, water really helps to jump start the weight loss. I told myself this week, if nothing else, at least drink the water. And I have been so far...

    ReplyDelete