TOO BUSY TO COOK HEALTHY? To save time use your crockpot. Cook and freeze large batches of food. Buy pre cut or pre-cooked ingredients, and keep an organized grocery list.
*This works for me. I usually cook big on Wednesdays and Saturdays when I know Calvin will be home. I might cook up enough food for 3 days. It takes me through to the next week. I will grill up an entire package of boneless skinless chicken breasts, or a large pot of pasta or a turkey breast. I also boil just 3 eggs since that is all I should have in a week. It makes is so much easier for me since my biggest problem was always what to fix for lunch or dinner. Even cooking 1/2 bag of frozen corn or peas or whatever the vegetable will last for 3 days and I only eat half a cup at a time. Try it and you might be surprised how much easier, and quicker it is to get your lunch and dinner on the table.
The biggest reason to cook ahead, or plan ahead, is that it helps eliminate the temptation to eat the fast food. It does away with the guesswork on what's to eat, and eliminates several visits to the drive-throughs.
ReplyDelete