Thursday, February 17, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - FRIDAY

USE A SMALLER PLATE... This is a great tip. I almost always use a salad plate now. It is amazing how different the amount of food looks on a smaller plate. Try this little experiment; take your normal meal such as breakfast or lunch and put what you normally would eat and place it on a regular dinner plate. Now take that same food and transfer it to a salad or dessert plate. See how much more you can eat on a smaller plate? I love it. Now once you have this little trick mastered, do the same thing with bowls. Instead of using a cereal bowl use a small bowl that a you might use for a child. I picked up a set of 3 little baby bowls at the dollar store and I use them to measure my food. You would not believe how full that bowl is with 6-8 ounces of meat. If I put that same amount in a regular bowl it looks like I am eating nothing. The point is that you are fooling your eyes and mind. Trust me it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment