Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

MORE REVIEW TIPS... For the rest of the month we are going to just review some tips that might help us keep on our track to losing the weight we want in 2011. For today our tip is about the dreaded task of grocery shopping.
Shop when you are full. Grocery shopping when you are hungry tends to lead to overeating of unhealthy foods. Stash some healthy snacks in your purse and car. Try nuts, whole grains crackers, and dried fruits.
I used to buy just a couple of donuts or candy bars when I went to the store if I was hungry. I justified it by eating them before I got out of the store's parking lot just to prove to myself how hungry I was. Now I keep one of my diet bars cut into small pieces for those times when I am hungry. I am thinking of keeping a bag of this same snack on the kitchen counter for those times I think I need a snack. Usually just 1 or 2 pieces satisfies my need for snacks or sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment