OUT OF SIGHT...OUT OF MIND. If something tempts you, get rid of it or avoid it. That might mean ridding the pantry of junk food, changing the channel to avoid fast food ads or taking an alternate route so you don't walk past the bakery.
This is an easy tip if you live alone or if it is just a home with no children. You need to remember that common sense goes a long way and it is not always possible to follow this tip, but you can change things up somewhat. If you have a tendency to munch on potato chips then buy only the chips you don't care for. I love potato chips but not Doritos so I buy Doritos. Problem solved. I love bread but not sour dough bread so that is the one I buy. Problem solved. I love munching on chocolate chips when I need something sweet, I buy mint chocolate chips because I don't care for mint. Again problem solved. It is not as hard ass you might think. After doing these things for awhile they will become second nature to shop differently and then when those items come back into the home, gradually the temptations won't be as strong. I have also found that if I buy ingredients for sweets or desserts only when I need them and don't keep them around all the time I of course can't eat them.
No comments:
Post a Comment