Friday, February 18, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - SATURDAY

MAKE HEALTHY SUBSTITUTIONS... Use applesauce in place of oil, two egg whites instead of one egg, and skim milk in place of regular milk when baking. Look for ways to cut sugar and use whole grains. This is not as hard as this might sound. Many times and with many foods you can go online and list your foods and get substitutions. I bake cakes for reasons other than here at home. If I have to take food into someone or something I make a cake. I have a basic recipe and I just change it up in different ways. Instead of adding instant chocolate pudding, I use a different flavor that is sugar-free, I have used light cream cheese instead of sour cream, I add nuts and many times chocolate chips. If I am making a chocolate cake I will add the pudding, sour cream, and chocolate chip chunks, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and even peanut butter chips. What ever you add changes the flavor. Now I realize that this is not a diet dessert, my point is to show that you can take almost any recipe and go online to find possible changes, substitutes, or healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment