Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - WEDNESDAY

DO IT YOURSELF... Hiring painters, housekeepers, and other laborers may save time, but doing repairs and maintenance yourself saves money, increases activity, and instills a sense of pride.
This is another great tip. It is so true. I love painting a room and even though I am in pain, because of age and joint issues and I can't move for a few days after the room is finished I feel GREAT. Doing and home improvement project or redo gives you such a sense of accomplishment and just makes you feel good inside and out. If you are on a plateau any extra activity will help boost your calorie burn. So find a project around the house and get going. Don't want to paint, then don't. Take a day or whatever is needed and just select a room, or even a closet and clean and organize it. Even if you don't lose the weight you may expect you will gain a good over all feeling of accomplishment and that is worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment