Monday, March 16, 2009

HOW DO YOU EVALUATE YOUR PROGRESS?

SCALE OR TAPE MEASURE? For me I have been doing both, but there are problems with both...the scale never moves and with a body that is solid fat from head to toe it is impossible to measure the same place two weeks in a row except for wrist and ankles, so I got out a pink dress that I bought a couple of years ago that I could wear when I lost 25 pounds. Of course, I never lost those 25 pounds and instead put on another 40 pounds. I try the dress on every couple of weeks and guess what it is fitting better all the time. I might even be able to wear it by Mothers Day, which presents another problem. The more I look at that pink dress the uglier it seems to get. I am not sure now it ever was a nice looking dress, but it is a great measuring device for me.
So here is the question: HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOU ARE LOSING WEIGHT, IF THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING?

1 comment:

  1. Clothing is the best judge for me too, especially jeans!

    ReplyDelete