Saturday, December 5, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - SUNDAY

FOCUS ON PEOPLE. Too often, food takes center stage of our holiday gatherings. Instead, focus on your loved ones, activities, and other traditions that make the holidays meaningful.
I love this tip. There is nothing better for one's self esteem or to make someone feel good than to have family around. When I think none of my children or grandchildren are going to be around for the Christmas holidays I get so depressed and sad I don't recognize myself. I don't know why either, I am thrilled that my children are grown and have children of their own and that they are doing well and have their own family traditions but I can't help being sad and lonely. Well enough of the self pity. This is a great tip. Enjoy all gatherings with family and don't center it around food. It isn't necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the continued postings. I really like the new look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be seeing you at Christmas, Mom! We can't wait. The kids love going to Nana and Papa's house.

    ReplyDelete