Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

As you all know this week started a new diet plan for me. This is day three which is suppose to be the hardest if you have a hard day. Because of the reduction of calories I could feel hungry, lightheaded, and grumpy today. Other than the lightheadedness hungry and grumpy pretty much describes my daily personality so no problem.
I am doing this because I am so very tired of the way I look and feel. I lost 90 pounds in 2009 and then in the first 9 months of 2010 put 40 pounds back on. My "new" clothes fit but not as nice as I would like. My knees are giving me problems and my blood pressure is up again. I have done a lot of research on different diets, I have tried many of them and as with all new diets I am excited about this one. I think the thing that is different this time is that I have finally admitted that I put this weight back on this year, even though I am sure anyone who looks at me can tell that. I am also on a diet where you buy the majority of the food you will eat online. When you spend $350 a month for 98% of the food you will eat in a month you are more likely to stick to the diet. I did send an email out to all my sisters and my daughters and asked them to join me on this new quest. Several said yes. I am going to weigh myself only on Monday mornings and then I will post it on here with my previous week's report on how I did. Liisa, Becky, Joleane, and Elizabeth also want to start over so I will include them in the weekly reports and we can share information on how we are each doing as well as giving us encouragement to keep going. I am very excited about this. It is almost the beginning of October, so why not join us. Even if you don't need to lose weight, please leave comments. I know your comments and encouragement have kept me going when I got down. I just got lazy this summer with the camping and BBQ. I know we can all lose the weight, whether it is 8 pounds or 80 pounds. I also know I can't do it alone. That is one of the purposes of this blog. PLEASE join us and keep adding your own comments or articles.



These pictures are not flattering at all but if I remind myself that I am wearing a pair of capri pants and remind myself that it has been at least 30 years since I wore pants then I am feeling a very tiny bit better. There is hope for me yet.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Mom! You are doing great!!! How's the exercise going? Are you able to continue walking? We're having unseasonably warm weather and it's helping my walking and everybody's mood. Keep up the awesome work you're doing.
    I walked 5 miles today. I'm very tired, but it feels good to have done it. Just trying not to eat everything in sight now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog daily, just don't usually comment. I'll try to comment more... I think you're doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete