WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN... As I stated several posts ago, I am going to start a new diet called, "Take Shape For Life". The food for the next month has arrived today. I got a new special blender for mixing the foods, picked up a new George Foreman grill for the chicken breasts and a new blood pressure monitor. I am set to go.
I was a little surprised and worried when the food came because there was so little of it. It turns out that the food is ALL dried, meaning dehydrated. It is also soy based, so it is much better for you. I am very excited about this new diet. I will start on Monday.
WHY MONDAY YOU ASK?
Sunday is Fast Sunday so I will have a great start to the week. The first few (3-4) days you might feel lightheaded, hungry, and probably grumpy, so I thought it might be good to take those first days while Calvin is out of town. I am going to cut my calories by several hundred calories a day so it will be easier on my husband if I start on a Monday.
HOW LONG WILL THIS DIET LAST?
I am going to commit to this very restricted diet starting Monday, September 27th until April 29th, which as you know is my anniversary. That is a full 7 months. I hope to be down 65-75 pounds.
HOW RESTRICTED IS THIS DIET?
Well let's see, no fresh fruit, I know that doesn't make sense, no pasta except that in their chicken noodle soup, no chocolate, except that in their food, no breads except in their pancakes, no potatoes, no milk except 1 tablespoon of skim when I have their oatmeal, no ice cream, no holiday goodies, and hardest of all NO EATING OUT.
BIG DEAL, SO WHAT, WHO CARES, YOU ARE THINKING...
I am sharing all this with you simply for myself. I am very excited about this new diet. I am also somewhat afraid. I am taking 8 medications every day and I have to be very careful as I diet to make sure I monitor my blood pressure and get regular lab work done so I can get off the medications when needed or at least adjust them as needed. I also think that by telling all you about this new diet I will force myself to really stick to it.
SO HERE WE GO...
Starting Monday I am off to a new diet, a new week, and more importantly A NEW ME!!! :0)
Best of Luck. It sounds so restricted. SOunds like you wont get much to eat. Sounds like a long time, 7 months!! It also sounds like once the 7 months are past you will be at your goal weight and feeling so much better about yourself. I hope this is the answer for you.
ReplyDeleteLet's plan to check in at least weekly on our progress. Starting on Monday I am going back on Atkins, basically low carb. It seems to be what works best for me because I cant stand to give up the meat and cheese. Monday morning on the scale and back on program.
We can do this!!
It does sound very restricted to me too. I hope it's safe. Has your Dr. checked it out?
ReplyDeleteDo your best, but don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't turn out to be the diet for you.
Be flexible enough to say it's not good for you if it's not working!
I'm reading about a program called The Schwarzbein Principle. I haven't had it checked out by a Dr. yet though. It's about balancing your stress, sleep, hormones, eating, exercise, etc.
Anyway I'm still reading about it. I'll bring the book when I come down on the 7th.
Good luck on Monday. Drink lots of water.
Love you!