Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE

TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE... While we were at the Tulelake fair last Friday we walked around all the commercial booths and in one building there were 5-6 booths on weight loss programs. At one booth there were 2 life size photo cutouts of big ass women. I mean they were really big. They had both lost lots of weight on this program. I was very impressed. The two women manning the booth were the two women in the life size photos. It was really something to see. The one lady even said that she had lost her weight over 10 years ago and has maintained, which was also impressive. I took their handouts, signed up for more information and left. Calvin and I talked about it all the way home. I then got online and read lots more information. Several of the success stories that I saw were telling how the clients had gotten off ALL their medications. This really impressed Calvin. I am now taking 8 pills a day and it would be great to knock that down to none. Let me tell you about the plan as I understand it.

Here are some facts:
1- this diet is a soy protein diet.
2- this diet is in 3 stages..the diet stage-the transition stage-the maintenance stage.
3- this is a rapid weight loss diet
4- this is a temporary diet, or should be
5- 99% of the food you eat each day is pre-bought and packaged and ready to use.
6- this is a 5&1 diet meaning you eat 5 pre-packaged meals and 1 meal consisting of chicken, turkey, or fish and vegetables.
7- you can pick your foods.
8- some of the items available are, soups, puddings, bars, eggs, pancakes, shakes, oatmeal and even brownies.
9- the food comes to your door which saves you time and money at the grocery store and for me that means NO impulse buying. I have a terrible problem with that. I always regret it but still it is a problem.
10-the first two months order gives you a free week worth of food which is nice.

As I said I am very impressed with this diet. At first it sounds like two other nationally known diet plans where the food comes to your home. The difference here is that this one seems to be much more restricted. This is NOT a diet for the faint of heart. This is NOT a diet that is long term. This diet is one that has been proven to work. I got on line and asked if anyone I knew on facebook heard of this diet and 2 people came on saying yes they have done it and it worked for them. Lynn stated that several teachers who work at the same school as her have used the program with great success.

Okay, so what is the point of this long post... well I have just ordered my first month worth of food. I am going to commit to it for 6 months. I paid just over $275 for 5 weeks of food, and that includes $35 for a blender with extra glasses.
I don't have any regrets for my decision to do this diet for 6 months I would just like to know what you all have heard or seen about this diet program. Do any of you know anyone who has done this diet. Please give me your thoughts. Before you ask, yes I did let my doctor know about this diet and that I was going to do it starting in October and hope to keep it up faithfully until our anniversary in April. I hope to have reached by final goal by then and be at least at the transition stage of the diet.

PLEASE let me know your honest thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. Honestly---if I could afford it I would do it. I've always wanted to do Nutrisystems or something like that, that tells me exactly what to eat, no guess work. Good Luck! Can't wiat to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete