Monday, January 5, 2009

WHICH DIET WILL WORK FOR ME?

There are hundreds of diet programs available now and more than 2 dozen different weight loss pills on the market. You all know the most popular and most expensive ones, they are Jenny Craig and NutriSystem. They are also the lazy man's plan. You just pay and eat. No counting calories or carbs or anything, the only problem is after you stop buying their food it is hard to know just what you can eat on your own. Then we have Weight Watcher's at about $10.00 a meeting and somewhat cheaper you can find TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibility). I have tried tops and I liked it. It was very low keyed, no judgements, and lots of encouragement.There is also Gastric By Pass Surgery which starts at $50,000 and then Lap Band Surgery, starting at about $25,000. Both of these methods are considered last resort and don't change your eating habits or life style it just makes it possible to eat less. There are also the strange fad diets too, such as the cabbage soup diet, fruit diet, eat every thing in sight for 4 days and then fast for 3 days diet and the list goes on.
I thought I would share 3 diets that I have heard about from friends that seem to work for them.
1) The Blood Type Diet, which requires you to know which blood type you are, which is something we all should know anyway. No I don't know what type I am but I am going to call the doctor's office this morning and find out. The book that explaines this diet is called: "Eat Right For Your Type", by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. Dr. D'Amado through his studies believes that each blood type requires certain foods for a healthier life.
2) WOE...Way of Eating. One of the books for this program is called: "Eat, Cheat, and Melt the Fat Away", by Suzanne Sommers, Yes the blonde form 3's Company. Since she had cancer she has studied and researched and developed, not on her own, a program for a healthier lifestyle and weight loss. She is quickly becoming a "Diet Deva". Suzanne now has about 5 books on the market and they are part diet and part cookbook.
I know a lady who is using a combination of diets 1 and 2 and loves it.
3) "The Ultimate Weight Solution: 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom". by Dr. Phil McGraw. This is the program along with my doctor's 1500 calories a day plan, which is simply to tell me to lose weight that I hve chose to follow. I need more help than that so I am doing it Dr. Phil's way. I used his plan last year and lost 40 pounds but then winter came and with that snow and with that personal house confinement and I put all the weight back on. With me once I stop a diet I don't start again.
I like Dr. Phil's down home talk and his honesty. Dr. Phil has a second book or companion book that gives me the calorie count and all the nutritional information I need for the foods I eat.
I will probably post tidbits throughout the blog that I have learned from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment