Saturday, April 23, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - SUNDAY

FINAL 2 TIPS OF OUR DISCUSSION ON PAINLESS WEIGHT LOSS...

9. Get Involved, or at Least Get to the Table
When your weight loss efforts lead to boredom or too much self-focus, get occupied with something else. "I eat more if I'm bored," says Virginias, "especially if I'm eating in front of the TV."

So take a break from the siren-call of the tube, and get occupied with things that have nothing to do with food.

For some, that might mean becoming involved with local politics, discovering yoga, or enjoying painting. Or maybe you want to help a child with a science project, repaint the bedroom, or take a class. The key: Have a life outside of weight loss.

Already busy enough? Then at least eat your meals at the table. "The TV is distracting, and I'm just not conscious of eating," Virginias tells WebMD. "Once I'm at the table, with a place setting, I'm much more aware of what I'm eating."

10. Lose It Today, Keep It Off Tomorrow
Finally, be patient. While cultivating that virtue isn't exactly painless, it may help to know that keeping weight off generally gets easier over time.

That's the result of a study published in Obesity Research, where researchers found that for people who had lost at least 30 pounds -- and kept it off for at least two years -- maintaining that weight loss required less effort as time went on.

So if you crave the results reported by successful "losers" like these -- improved self-confidence, a boost in mood, and better health -- cultivate patience. You may find your way to sweet (and nearly painless) weight loss success.

I really like these last two tips. They really sum things up. Most of us eat if we are bored, so DO SOMETHING... KEEP BUSY... GET A HOBBY... Just as important as keeping busy is to take it easy. Be patient. Losing the weight is just the beginning of the battle. It is even more important to keep it off and that is hard. Remember you are not dieting alone, you are making life style changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment