Wednesday, January 7, 2009

EXERCISE IS NOT A BAD THING!

I know it is hard to exercise. I know it isn't fun. I know there are many who don't like to sweat. I know it is hard to find time. I know it is expensive to go to the gym. I know it is not any fun to exercise alone. I know weight makes it to hard to exercise. I think that covers most of the excuses. BIG DEAL...SO WHAT...WHO CARES... if we are doing this challenge than chances are we need to exercise. It is a proven fact that if you diet, you will lose weight, if you exercise you will lose weight, but if you both diet and exercise you will lose weight faster and easier. So let's get off the couch and MOVE. There are several programs out there.
I tried the Biggest Loser DVD this morning for 45 minutes counting warm up and cool down and I thought I was going to die. But I felt good at the end. A friend has Richard Simmons and I like him too and will try it if I really don't like the program I tried this morning. Our local YMCA also offers a Water Aerobics Class that I took last year and really enjoyed because there was no pressure on the knees. Check our your neighborhood library for Videos and DVDs. You can usually check them out for 3 weeks or more and then just keep renewing them online, till you get to the point that you can do the exercises without them. Starting off exercising 3 times a week is usually recommended I think. If any of you have a good exercise program that works for you please share.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought to check out videos from the library. That's a good idea. We're there about 3 times a week anyway.

    ReplyDelete