Friday, January 30, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - FRIDAY

EAT CHEAT MEALS: I got this tip online, from a friend and from the nutritionist. I am not so sure but here is the thinking; If you try to have a very strict diet, it will be very hard to maintain, this is why you should have cheat meals. Cheat meals can contain any kind of junk food you crave or really like. You should plan a cheat meal at least one day in advance. This ensures that you will not use cheat as an excuse to consume junk foods in moments of weakness. Also watch the portion size of your cheat meals, obviously the smaller they are the better. I was told to have a cheat meal once a month to every six weeks. Like I said this tip I am not so sure of. I started dieting (hate that word) the first week of December and so far have not had a real craving for anything I shouldn't eat, not sweets, soda, or fried foods. A weekend might be the time to have your cheat meal because planning it for the next day would help you eat better today and eat better on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good tip but probably wont work for me just yet. I dont have the will power to stay away for the cheat foods yet....I will keep this in mind for the end of Februay, beginning of March. Keep the tips coming.

    ReplyDelete