Saturday, January 31, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - SATURDAY

DO NOT SKIP MEALS OR STARVE YOURSELF. TRY TO EAT 5-6 SMALLER MEALS PER DAY. Skipping meals or starving yourself puts your body into survival mode. This is where your metabolism slows down to conserve energy. This is why your body can survive without any food for several days. Of course when your metabolism slows down your body burns a lot less calories. Try to eat a meal or snack every 3-4 hours. Instead of the traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner, try a breakfast, a lunch, an afternoon snack, a dinner, and an evening snack. Eating smaller meals keeps your metabolic rate high throughout the day because your body is constantly using up energy to digest the food you are eating. Eating smaller meals will also leave you feeling lighter and more energized throughout the day. If you find you get too hungry between breakfast and lunch have a midmorning snack instead of your evening snack. This works for me then I never eat right before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Eating small meals works much better for me. I spend so much time sitting at my desk during the day and I like to nibble. I have been bringing fruits and veggies so I feel better about eating more than just lunch during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the tips. Even if I don't always comment, I do read them daily just to keep focused.

    ReplyDelete