This is really just a reminder about my Born to Run Challenge 5K that's coming up May 30th. Hopefully that link will work and take you back to my original request if you need more details. Basically I asked for pledges. If you've already pledged for me, I thank you very much. If the pledge was $10 or less you can just send the money to me and I'll turn it in when I register. Pledges of more then $10 will just mean the event people will contact you for your pledge.
I've been working really hard this month to get out of the slump that this year has mostly been for me. I'm much more consistent about running and walking (hopefully the Achilles tendon issues are gone for good). I'm also working hard to up my mileage. I'm up to 1.25 miles without stopping, which, as pathetic as that is, is the longest distance I've been able to manage all year. My goal is to run the first 2 miles of the 5K without stopping.
The biggest thing that is helping me with consistency is this deal and exercise log I've got going with my sister-in-law, Sarah. If you have a gmail account I can share the exercise log with you. (If you're interested, write me at jemsharp@gmail.com and I'll email you the invitation).
Here's how we're doing this thing. Sarah & I share and have access to the same exercise log. We each have a place to record our exercise each day. We are able to see when & what the other has done. We've set our weekly goals and at the end of the month we determine who has been the most consistent with reaching their goals. The "loser" then has to buy the "winner" a predetermined gift. For us, the prize is a book from Amazon, to the tune of about $10.
The best thing about it is that it's getting us both out and exercising more consistently and we're both the winners for that.
If you're having issues with consistency, grab a buddy, make a deal with someone or all of us, record your goals and exercise and get consistent with us! (Consider this your engraved invitation). :)
Good for you and Sarah. I am proud of you both. I will give you $10 for a pledge when we see you on the 23rd. Keep up the good work. You both are really getting in shape and setting a great example for your husbands and children.
ReplyDeleteyeah, this exercise log is kicking my butt, but in a good way! ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to both of you --- training sounds like it's going well. And it's you're ALREADY up to 1.25 miles, not ONLY up to 1.25 miles. And you always go faster in a race because of the excitement of the whole event.
ReplyDelete