Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TIP OF THE DAY - TUESDAY

RUT OR ROUTINE? I knowl we all get tired of eating the same old things and doing the same old exercises and going to the same old job, but there is something to be said for the peace of mind that comes from being in a routine and knowing what is going on next, mealing planning and calorie counting at least. Calvin and I took off Friday afternoon before dinner and went to Medford and met Joleane, Daniel and Laurie and the children and spent the night. Nice motel, with lots of restaurants all around. Saturday spent part of the day in the temple then played in the water a little and still more eating. The kids all went home Saturday evening but Calvin and I stayed one more night then Sunday got up and took our time but went on over to Myrtle Point. More good food. Haven't been exercising like I have in the recent past so tried extra hard to watch what and how much I ate. Thank goodness for all the stairs in dad's house. We got home yesterday and I tried to remember what I had eaten for the last 3 days, yes I wrote most of it down. Believe me it is so much easier when you have a program like Sparkpeople that I can enter the food as I eat it or do an entire day's menus first thing in the morning. Still no exercises for me until I go Wednesday for an MRI to see what is wrong with the foot. But there is comfort in knowing what I will eat and how I will exercise that makes this weight loss program on an even path.

1 comment:

  1. For me a routine has been helpful. While I do get tired of veggies and fruit, it makes all the difference in the world if I stick to my plan. Good luck with the MRI.

    ReplyDelete