LET'S REVIEW...Last January when we started all this we talked about the steps in starting an effective diet and weight loss program. It did not really matter what program we were going to do as long as we started one and stuck to it. We did have some basic guidelines. I thought that since we are now almost at the end of 5 months it might be good to review and I found this list as an email from Sparkpeople. How are we doing? My comments are in ( ).
10 Tips for Starting a Wellness Program Today
Easy Ways to Get Healthy
1. Write out your goals and desires. (Be flexible on your goals)
2. Ask what, when and how. (Think about which program will work best for you)
3. Have a plan. (Not just diet but exercise as well)
4. Start a journal. (I did this and I am really enjoying it and since I doubt anyone will ever read it I can put some true feelings down...this is not a food journal)
5. Begin your journey where you’re standing now. (We started with those lovely before photos)
6. Take one step at a time. (It was great to start with a big loss that first month but then reality set in and we have to realize the weight did not go on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.)
7. Learn from your setbacks. (Learn yes, but don't quit or get discouraged)
8. Spend some time “cleaning house. (Remember that meant getting all the bad foods out...Poor Laurie, I sent home all my cake and cookie mixes and frosting tubs and chocolate chips and baking goodies with her)
9. Stop comparing yourself to others. (This is hard for me...I see Liisa or Eileen losing 4 or more pounds a week and I get very jealous. I want to lose lots like that too)
10. Reward yourself. (This is very easy for me...shoes, purses, jewelry, stuff, no food)
Thanks for the review. Journaling has not become a habit for me, so I'm glad we have the blog. Can't seem to settle on a meal plan, either. That could be slowing down my progress. But as you say, one step at a time.
ReplyDeleteGood review and points to consider. I too have have not problems with the reward part....lol
ReplyDelete