Tuesday, May 5, 2009
TIP OF THE DAY - WEDNESDAY
GET A HOBBY! It doesn't matter what it is either. Is there something you really enjoy doing but just don't have (find and take) the time? Make time for yourself because if you don't no one else will either. Let me explain: I exercise 5 or 6 days a week and then I go for a walk around the neighborhood, which I enjoy even though I am not a runner like Joleane and Laurie I enjoy it. I am not even considered a real walker, more of a creeper I think, not a slug but a slow, old ladybug. Anyway, I wanted to do something different today for my walking time that might be a little more fun, so I went out to Walmart and walked up and down all the aisles deciding what I wanted to buy but putting nothing in the cart. I did this for about 90 minutes, then I went back through the store and bought the things I had found before that I wanted for the party. I picked up glue sticks, ribbons, squirt guns, more kites, fruits snacks for the kids' camp kits, snacks for the 2 toddler camp kits, tiny brads for the scrapbooks, baby wash cloths for camp kits, etc. All in all, I spent about 2 1/2 hours walking around the store. No time for snacking, and I enjoyed my walk. I also picked up lots more things for the camping trip. My point is that if you are working on your hobby even just for a few minutes each day, you will be happier, have less stress, have no desire to snack unnecessarily and will go to bed each night feeling good about yourself and the day. Just try it and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment