BE NOT AFRAID AND SOME NEEDLESS RAMBLINGS What are you afraid of? Losing too much weight, not losing enough weight, not losing the weight fast enough, getting muscles if you exercise too much? Are you afraid of spiders, or snakes, or dentists? Me I am afraid of not losing the weight fast enough and dentists. I have always gone to Dr. Sharp because he knows my terrors of dentists and he is the perfect dentist, but I am unable to go over there because of weather, daycare, commitments at church, Calvin's schedule and other reasons so I have had to find a dentist here. I am going today for an exam with a dentist that friends says is excellent. He is very gentle and kind. There should be no problem, but, I have a very unnatural fear to the point of having been sick since the appointment was made last week. I have had to increase medication that I was almost off because of it. Between the dentist this week at least twice, trying very hard to lose more than the 1 pound per week and preparing a talk on motherhood for church this coming Sunday I have made myself sick. So what to do about it other than lots of prayer and a blessing from Calvin. I am trying to put everything in proper perspective. I know my talk material, I have been a mother, I am losing weight every week so I can relax about that and I am going to make it through a dental exam. I tell myself that and then I go back to bed and put my head under the covers and have a good or not so good cry.
I guess the point of all this is simply to stress to everyone the importance of NOT STRESSING. You can not lose weight if you are stressing about it. Your body does not work that way, if it did I would weight 98 pounds. Relax, enjoy your exercise routine, your new healthy eating habits, your family, and your life.
Good Luck with the dentist. I, myself, don't mind the dentist. I'd rather go to them than a regular doctor. I have a really nice young kid (kid - probably 32)who is very good that I've been seeing for about 4 years now. It really helps when you find someone you like.
ReplyDeleteAdd deep breathing exercises to your daily routine. Do something fun, that doesn't involve food, to take your mind off things for awhile, like reading a book or surfing the 'net.
ReplyDeleteI have not done so great the last couple of weeks and I doubt weigh in this week will be much better. I have to agree, stressing out does not help weight loss, exercise or peace of mind. Work is crazy wild right now. I've been there for 23 years and I think this is really the first time I have actually hated my job. I know I should be and am, very grateful that during this tough economic time I have a job, but honestly I hate it right now. I have to find a way to get over the hump, get my work/life balance back in check and get back in my eating and exercising routine. I can do it and this blog really helps. Thanks for keeping us going.
ReplyDelete