TIP #5...KNOW WHEN AND HOW TO NAP. When energy levels drop around 3-5 PM, most of us desire a little shut-eye. Napping is okay, as long as you do it wisely. Most sleep counselors recommend napping for no longer that 20 minutes. Exceeding 20 minutes could leave you feeling groggier and make it harder for you to fall asleep at bedtime. If you know you have to stay up late, or if you have an erratic sleep schedule (especially new moms or moms with little children), take a nap during the day. You'll be more productive and in a better mood.
This is a great tip. I love that part that says napping is okay, but I am not thrilled with the part of the sentence that says to sleep no longer than 20 minutes. If you are going to nap then for me I want to just sleep as long as my body wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment