Wednesday, November 10, 2010

TIP OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

ARE YOU GETTING THE SLEEP YOU NEED? Losing sleep is certainly not to be taken lightly. An occasional night of tossing and turning is normal, but continued patterns of this behavior can cause real problems in your ability to function normally. Research shows that inadequate sleep can have disastrous effects on your weight loss efforts, impair your concentration, and even mimic the symptoms of impaired glucose tolerance (which can lead to diabetes and hypertension.
Your mood also suffers when you don't get enough shut-eye, causing your to become disoriented on the job, fatigued behind the wheel of a car, or irritated at home. But more importantly, these mood swings can affect your relationships with others, and even lead to depression.
But the good news is that, starting tonight, you can improve the quality and quantity of your sleep. For the next few day I will share one of 7 hidden ways to get better sleep. These are from an article form Sparkpeople and written by Christine Seymour.
tip #1 CREATE THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT...Get your body and mind in the habit of using your bedroom for sleeping. If you frequently sit in bed to pay your bills, do your homework, watch television eat, talk on the phone, etc., your mind will expect that the bedroom is for daytime activities. Instead, create an environment for sleeping. Equip your room with soft lighting, comfortable bedding, and relaxing music, Other tricks include turning the temperature down a few notches, and turning the clock away from your view. Recent studies reveal that watching your sleep time vanish into the morning hours only makes you more anxious and less able to fall asleep.
I have terrible sleep habits so even though we had sleeping tips for a month a few months ago I need this again so I thought I would share them with you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment