TIP #6 TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR WORRIES... let's face it-most of us lead very stressful lives. Stress, surprises, and changes can take a toll on your sleep habits. Schedule some downtime each day for meditative activities like stretching or a hot bath. Try to decrease your brain activity before bed by writing down your thoughts in a journal and closing the book on the day. If thinking keeps you up at night, get out of bed and try to be productive. Deal with those thoughts (pay the bill that you are worried about forgetting, make a to-do list, etc.) in a positive way, and come back to bed when you're ready to sleep.
I think this is a good tip, I just wish it would work for me. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was starting to stress out about a "Super Saturday" that is next week. I got back out of bed and made a to-do list so I wouldn't forget something I need to do before Saturday. I love lists that I can check off things as I do them. I ended up with 40 things on my list. I went back to bed at 1 AM this morning and surprisingly went right to sleep. Then at 4 AM I woke up again and again was worried that I forgot to put something on my list. I stayed in be just because I didn't want to get up again, until it was time to get up at. Needless to say I am very tired now. I still have to work on just turning off my mind. Which shouldn't be to hard since I just don't use my brain that often...
It's hard, if not impossible to change your personality, if you are a worrier.
ReplyDeleteTry reading scriptures in bed, it always puts me right to sleep. ;)