GET AND STAY ORGANIZED... Keep a running list of errands, groceries, events and commitments and make a plan to finish as many things in as few car trips as possible. You'll save time, gas and your own sanity.
I LOVE this tip. Mostly because it uses the word "organized". I think I am a very organized person. For example: I am making a crazy quilt for MY bed. First thing I did was gather up the fabrics I would be using, next I cut 6-8 strips in different lengths and put them into other baskets according to colors, next I took just 3-4 strips of each fabric and put into yet another basket to use by my machine, then I cut all the background squares and yes they went into still another basket. This was followed by cutting all the 5 sided center pieces and they were put into a basket. Now I am ready to sew, but I need one more basket so when I use a strip of fabric the smaller pieces are kept together to use later. I am now organized and ready to start the quilt as soon as little ones go home and dinner is over, of course it is now after seven. So am I organized or crazy? Well I started this entire process last Thursday and so far I have 35 of the 60 blocks finished. Not bad considering I don't have a dining room table to work at right now. The point is while I was doing all the "organizing" I stayed out of the kitchen and I moved around a lot more. So put in a little more work and movement and get organized. You don't have to be working on a sewing project either. How about taking the month and each week clean out a closet. I want to do that during the month of April. I will have my quilt top finished by then and will just be saving the money to get it machine quilted.
No comments:
Post a Comment